What You Should Know About Cal Water
- Cal Water has been serving parts of California since 1926
- It will be operating and maintaining the water, wastewater, recycled water, storm water, and agricultural systems at Tesoro Viejo on behalf of the Tesoro Viejo Master Mutual Water Company
- Cal Water will also oversee installation of capital improvements to expand water utility systems at Tesoro Viejo
- Cal Water is committed to providing reliable, high-quality water utility services to residents and businesses at Tesoro Viejo
- Cal Water will also provide customer service for Tesoro Viejo’s water utility services, including online bill pay
Q How is the Tesoro Viejo Master Mutual Water Company addressing water needs for the Tesoro Viejo community?A In addition to the water, wastewater, and reclaimed water treatment and distribution facilities, a 1.5-million-gallon water storage tank onsite at Tesoro Viejo will provide water for operational, fire protection and emergency water needs.
Q What are Tesoro Viejo Master Mutual Water Company’s plans for water conservation?A The Tesoro Viejo Master Mutual Water Company will utilize onsite, state-of-the-art water and wastewater treatment facilities. We will also provide reclaimed wastewater for landscape irrigation and non-potable uses in all public spaces.
Q What kinds of conservation practices are being used at Tesoro Viejo?A The Tesoro Viejo community is deploying the most current highly efficient irrigation systems, low-flow fixtures and appliances and low-water landscape designs.
Q How does home design impact water conservation at Tesoro Viejo?A All homes and community facilities are designed to the 2018 Plumbing Code permitting more precise water usage, resulting in savings of millions of gallons of water.